As a key member of the Tillys senior leadership team, the Vice President of Marketing and Innovation will be responsible for developing high level marketing and brand strategies that align with the strategic vision of the organization. This executive will partner with brands, vendors, and merchandising to identify innovative ways to further build and extend the business, maximize market share, increase sales and elevate our brand positioning. They will continue to develop and strengthen Tillys’ unique and compelling voice to build brand awareness, relevance, reputation and esteem among target audiences. Important in succeeding in this role is working collaboratively across other business functions, including merchandising, e-commerce and operations to ensure that the team is aligned in driving the Company’s marketing strategies across all markets.
Who you are:
- A visionary with a deep understanding of traditional and innovative marketing strategies and a proven track record of creating campaigns and initiatives that will drive and increase revenue.
- An executive who understands the importance of aligning the organization internally around the brand and marketing objectives.
- A business leader with success in leveraging social media to grow the Tillys brand.
- A marketing leader with the vision to seek out new partnerships to further establish the Tillys brand in the retail space
- Key executive who is collaborates with the CEO, CDO and CMO on branding and corporate initiatives.
What you’re responsible for:
- Oversee the entire Marketing department including creative, entertainment, promotions, events, and social media teams.
- Oversees all multi-pronged marketing functions including catalog business, strategic marketing partnerships, event and cause related marketing, branding campaigns and corporate collateral.
- Lead the integration of the marketing strategy and coordinate marketing plans with all functional departments.
- Develop and leverage a network of influencers to create an organic social community following.
- Pioneer and implement measurable strategies that will drive customer acquisition increased brand equity.
- Develop a marketing plan that reaches target segments quickly and effectively.
- Establish a best in class mobile experience to best communicate and build community engagement.
- Lead the creation and development of Tilly’s social media initiatives to create a best in class social media presence that empowers consumers and partners to spread the Tillys brand virally.
- Responsible to develop and effectively communicate brand strategy within Tilly’s corporate, stores, online and media
- Work with cross functional marketing teams including creative services, digital and ecommerce, visual teams, operations and merchandising, to ensure execution of brand strategies and to ensure brand image campaigns are integrated across all consumer touch points.
- Develop cohesive relationships and strategic marketing alignments/collaboration with all internal departments, brand partners, field management and outside groups.
- Lead the creation and management of the marketing budget and calendar.
- Responsible for understanding, updating and communicating key events on an ongoing basis.
The must haves:
- 5+ years of marketing leadership experience
- Strong leadership/management skills
- 10+ years of leading high performing marketing teams in a consumer-facing industry, preferably within retail
- Must have extensive digital marketing experience
- Corporate retail and branding experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Creative and strategic thinking
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Proven success working collaboratively across multifunctional teams
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
“Tillys will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, Chapter XVIII, Article 9 (Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box).”
Tillys is a leading specialty retailer offering apparel, footwear and accessories for young adults, teens and children, with an unparalleled blend of over 400 iconic global, emerging, and proprietary brands. We opened our first store in Southern California in 1982 and have grown to 221 stores in 33 states. Tillys offers one of the largest assortments of brands and merchandise from the top players in the surf, skate, motocross, and lifestyle apparel industries available both in stores and online at tillys.com. Our knowledge of ever-evolving trends and our access to the most popular brands allows us to have an unparalleled assortment of merchandise. Our selection and the look and feel of our stores are distinct and create a shopping experience that is unique, creative and fun.
Company website: https://www.Tillys.com
Company address: 10 Whatney, Irvine, Ca 92618