|Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive.
The (Sr) Director, Merchandising – Men’s Lifestyle will drive the product assortment strategy for our Men’s Footwear and Ready-to-Wear categories across the business including Retail, Outlet, Wholesale and E-Commerce channels globally. Reports to the SVP, Head of Men’s.
- Product and Business Strategy
- Lead and communicate merchandising strategy for Men’s Footwear and Ready-to-Wear categories, leveraging product opportunities and business initiatives across domestic and international channels
- Create relevant product assortments that drive business
- Actively partner with merchandising peers to ensure synergy across total strategy and product execution.
- Partner with Design and Product Development throughout the entire conceptual and commercialization process to build assortment that addresses brand and customer needs/strategies.
- Partner with Business Unit Buying teams to understand, influence and drive business objectives/customer needs, and identify category/product opportunities.
- Develop and refine a framework for customer segmentation worldwide, and ensure product development needs across all segments.
- Assortment Planning
- Drive assortment style and flow needs
- Communicate changes and impacts cross-functionally.
- Ensure that corporate deadlines are met in order to deliver product on a timely basis.
- Support pilots and testing agendas
- Market Analysis & Reporting
- Analyze sales on a weekly basis to gain comprehensive understanding of the state of the business. Provide global analysis that drives consensus and overall strategy
- Identify product opportunities through regular hind-sighting that incorporates: consumer research, business unit feedback and sales performance analysis.
- Maintain updated knowledge of key competitor product, distribution and pricing strategies.
- Manage retail price setting, target costs and margin goals. Partner with costing team on all costing objectives.
- Organization and Team
- Create and foster a strong culture of learning and development for direct reports and team
- Establish relationships with Design, Global Merchandising Planning, Costing and Product Development.
- Create partnerships with key global merchandising peers and BU merchants
An outstanding individual will have…
- Excellent product sensibility and conceptual ability
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math
- Strong analytical, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to take initiative, ownership and accountability for business
- Strong sense of teamwork and ability to multi-task
- Strong leadership skills with ability to motivate and develop a team
An accomplished individual will possess…
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 8-10 years merchandising/buying experience in related business or brand with demonstrated product development experience, preferably in a vertical retail environment
- Minimum 3-4 years people management experience
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-AK1 Visit Coach at www.coach.com