Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes… and the athletes of tomorrow. We’re about performance – in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world’s hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House… I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team!
WILL YOU…PROTECT THIS HOUSE?!
We are looking for a Footwear Designer to focus on designing innovative product. You will work collaboratively with the performance team and director to create innovative and industry leading footwear product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Design and present concepts for footwear and overall design direction: material, trim, color
- Be a key partner in creating brand identity and distinctive Under Armour footwear offerings with a creative and current design vision
- Develop and execute clear and detailed technical packages for development
- Be able to offer multiple concepts on specific marketing briefs
- Work within an integrated team of design, development and marketing, while also working with apparel design within the company
- Provide product conceptualization and alternatives that meet the needs of the product as outlined by product marketing and the product brief
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Basic understanding of construction and materials
- Ability to express concepts and ideas through hand sketching
- Strong presentation skills and comfort working with a group
- Must be detail oriented, able to prioritize tasks and work under pressure to successfully meet multiple deadlines
- Must have a passion for Footwear & Innovation through design – pushing the limits of footwear design while striving to utilize innovative techniques throughout the design process are essential
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BFA or BID in Industrial Design with 1 + years’ experience
- Excellent Mac computer skills with full proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop. Other computer skills: Alias sketchbook pro, 3D, Microsoft Office